SKIDGUARD - Premium Skid-Resistant Safety Coating.
SkidGuard is the result of technology derived from a decade of vigorous polymer science research and team development within the Lockheed Martin Missile and Space Company.
Easy and safe to use, SkidGuard is a thin build, single-package, water dispersed, reactive, synthetic polymer resin. It forms a durable, hard, fully-adhered, aggregate filled coating providing excellent skid resistance for steel road plates, for metal or prime coated concrete & wood platforms, ramps and stairs, for steel expansion joints on bridge decks, for marine applications and for many other surfaces in need of skid resistance.
Consider these benefits:
- Single Package: no limiting pot life factor
- Tenacious adhesion after proper installation and curing
- Rapid Curing at modest temperatures: leaves a traffic bearing surface in as few as two hours. Fully cures in 12 hours above 55˚ F and dry.
- Resistant to scuffs, bacteria, algae and inustrial pollutants.
- Low-Volatile Organic Compound (VOC), air quality compliant throughout the United States under all present and pending air quality legislation governing industrial coatings.
- Odor-friendly. Formulated to minimize applicator impact. Indoor application potential.
- Non-hazardous in cured form; therefore, may be disposed of into any municipal landfill.
What SkidGuard is:
- SkidGuard is a Certified Non-Skid Coating per CTM -342 (California test method)
- SkidGuard is ASTM C 1028 Certified
- SkidGuard is Successfully Field Tested
- SkidGuard is Made with Recycled Materials
- SkidGuard is Aggregate-Filled
- SkidGuard is Asphalt Based
- SkidGuard is Easy to Apply with Roller or Spray Application
- SkidGuard is Single Component
- SkidGuard is Cost Effective
- SkidGuard is Environmentally Friendly
- SkidGuard is Safe to Use
Call Carbonyte for more information or to request a sample. SkidGuard available for purchase in
5 gallon pails, pallet quantities & 54 gallon drums.
Download SkidGuard Info: SkidGuard Cut Sheet, MSDS, Technical Data Sheet
- ASTM C 1028 SkidGuard Test - 2008
- CTM-342 SkidGuard Test - 2006
- CTM-342 SkidGuard Test - 2002
- California Test 342 - Method of Test for Surface Skid Resistance - by DOT December 1995
- Friction Testing of Pavement Preservation Treatments: Comparisons of CTM 342, ASTM E303, ASTM 274 and how each testing method correlates to one another. Study conducted by the University of California Pavement Research Center (UCPRC) in 2006.